Patient Health Support
Breast Cancer Prevention
We collaborate with Englewood Hospital and Medical Center to promote breast cancer prevention and awareness to patients.
Horizon members living in Bergen County and the surrounding area will be contacted by the nationally renowned Leslie Simon Breast Care and Cytodiagnosis Center at EHMC and encouraged to have a routine mammogram to support early detection and early treatment.
Our Complex Case Management Program provides members with the education, care and services needed when faced with a complex medical situation.
Our trained case managers are fully licensed health care professionals and registered nurses with access to social workers and registered dietitians. They work with members and their treating physician to help get the best care possible.
- Provide information that can help empower members to make informed decisions about their health care.
- Coordinate health care services so they are received at the most appropriate level and setting to help maximize the member’s benefits.
- Refer members to other valuable programs, including our Chronic Care Program, our health care ethics counseling resource, or to a social worker or registered dietitian.
- Provide information on community resources and health and wellness programs
Case management is free to all eligible members. Participation is voluntary. Medical and personal information is kept confidential and shared only with those involved in the patient’s care.
Case Management programs are available to help members with:
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), including members receiving dialysis
- High-risk maternity care
- Supportive care
- Other general and pediatric conditions
Information for members to self-enroll.
We take pride in offering our members the resources, support and care they need when diagnosed with a chronic condition such as:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
The Chronic Care Program is designed to reinforce the health goals established between you and your patients by providing them with additional lifestyle and medication compliance education, through periodic educational mailings and phone support from registered nurses and registered dietitians.
Chronic Care Program referral form
Information for patients to self-enroll
Horizon Behavioral Health
The Horizon Behavioral Health program ensures behavioral health services, including mental health/substance use disorder treatment, are available to help members better manage all parts of their health. We are focused on making sure our members get the right care when they need it.
Dedicated support 24/7
Horizon Behavioral Health is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you or your eligible patients have questions about behavioral health member benefits and program support and services, call 1-800-626-2212.
Horizon Behavioral Health includes case management and utilization management programs. Our autism care management program provides a dedicated team and resources that reinforce the comprehensive care approach and puts the entire family at the center of care to help ensure each family member receives the support he or she needs.
We take a proactive, preventive approach to care by empowering members with tools and resources to help them lead a healthier lifestyle—including important immunization/screening guidelines, helpful reminders and online resources, such as My Health Manager below.
Most expectant mothers have questions and concerns about their pregnancy and delivery. The choices made during the nine months of pregnancy can give the baby a healthy start in life.
Our Precious Additions prenatal program prepares expectant members to make healthy choices for both mother and baby during pregnancy and delivery.
Encourage your eligible Horizon pregnant patients to enroll in Precious Additions. Members can enroll:
- Online through horizonblue.com/preciousadditions.
- By calling Member Services at 1-800-355-BLUE (2583).
- Once enrolled in the program, your patient will receive useful information, including:
- A pregnancy journal
- A children’s health guide
- Newborn enrollment procedures
- Information about reimbursement (up to $50) for the cost of completing one prenatal/Lamaze course
Members may call 1-800-355-BLUE (2583) to learn more about the Precious Additions program or to disenroll.
Horizon Transplant Program
To support organ and tissue donors, recipients and their families, we’ve developed the Horizon Transplant Program. Our goal is to help members find quality specialty care while enabling health professionals to improve the overall quality and delivery of health care nationwide.
My Health Manager
My Health Manager, powered by WebMD®, is a web-based health guide that enables members to create a custom webpage with news feeds, articles, reminders and other important health information. My Health Manager also provides powerful health aids such as WebMD®'s Symptom Checker.
24/7 Nurse Line
The 24/7 Nurse Line provides members with access to a nurse 24 hours a day via phone to facilitate discussions and answer questions about the health and wellness issues that are important and time sensitive. Members also have the option of chatting with a health care resource online 24 hours a day about various health and wellness issues.
24/7 Nurse Line Chat
To access the 24/7 Nurse Line chat feature, members can sign in to HorizonBlue.com, click Doctors & Care, then click 24/7 Nurse Line, and then click the Nurse Chat button. A new window will open with instructions to initiate a chat with a health care resource.
Nurses do not diagnose or recommend treatment, but they can assist our members by:
- Providing general health information, which can help members determine when to seek medical attention.
- Being available after hours to answer general health questions and provide general health information.
- Encouraging preventive health services while supporting informed health decision making.
- Educating members on which questions to ask during an office visit to promote effective communication between you and your patient.
The 24/7 Nurse Line is for informational purposes only. Nurses cannot diagnose problems or recommend specific treatment. They are not a substitute for a physician’s care. Nurse Line services are not an emergency or urgent care service and may be discontinued at any time. In the event of an emergency, members should call 911 or the local emergency number and/or their doctor.
Availability of certain programs may require additional purchase by employer groups.