Drug Authorizations Tool
NaviNet works with CoverMyMeds to deliver NaviNet Drug Authorizations, a free, electronic solution to help providers submit drug prior authorizations (PAs) for medications covered through Horizon pharmacy benefits.
How to request a drug PA online:
- Log in to your NaviNet account. From the Workflows menu, choose Drug Authorizations.
- Enter the name of the medication and select the strength to get started.
- Enter the patient’s state and requested information from their Horizon BCBSNJ member ID card.
- The appropriate PA form(s) will display. Select the form and click Start Request.
- Add Patient Information, Physician/Clinic Information and Medication Information to the PA.
- Upon completion of the form, click Send to Plan to submit the request for review
- The outcome of the PA (approval or denial) will appear in the Drug Authorizations dashboard within 24 to 72 hours, depending on whether the PA was submitted as urgent or standard.
To learn more about how your office can spend less time on PAs and more time on patients, see the NaviNet Customer Support documentation on NaviNet.net. Just click Help on the top right corner of the page.